Image Map

OMG: Whole Brain Teaching

I hope that you dont get too sick of me by the time I get to the end. I am soooo excited. There a "call" on facebook the other night about wanting a mentor for WBT. So, I quickly jumped on there and gave the information that was asked for. I am so excited to say that I know have a mentor. So, Nancy Stoltenberg if you are reading this. I thank you so much for your mentoring and help. I don't know about you but with the pressure that is on teachers and Common Core, I feel that it is important to have as many tools in my tool box as possible.
I am heading back from spring break on Monday and I feel that I will spend Sunday, adding a few slides to my Regions of the World PowerPoint and activities, rereading my plans, and WATCHING LOTS OF WBT VIDEOS. Sorry to shout but I am so in love this technique. My school has been doing this L2L (Learn 2 Learn) walk through. This is where teachers go into other teachers rooms and see if their classroom is engaging and if children understand what they are learning and why. Well, every time we come together as a staff, we all say the same thing. "It looks like we are all engaging our students." I say (in loud shouty capitals), "WHY ARE OUR TEST CORES SO LOW AND WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO TO CHANGE THAT?" I really feel the answer is WBT. I think that my school needs the change to internalize what they are learning and WBT will have strategies and techniques to help in that process. Our kids are starting behind the mark and I have to make sure that I can get them to where they are going (with or without principal support). I just had to say that. SORRY! Anyway, I will be reviewing behavior techniques and  hopefully adding some of the writing ones as well. (MAN, I miss having my 2nd graders all day.)Well, I  leave you with this, these babies need us to try with all our mights to help them to grow up and be the best they can be. I hope that I am leaving them with a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment