Image Map

A New Product and SPRING BREAK

What a whirlwind of the last few weeks I have had! There has been so much going on. For those that may not know or maybe I forgot to share, I am a K, 1, 2 Writing Teacher. I miss teaching all the subjects and I sometimes get a little jealous of all the blogs I follow that do. Anyway, I teach writing and sometimes its hard to make the kids want to love it. The Title 1 school I teach in has children who come to school with not even a concept of an alphabet. I spend a large portion of the first half of the year really pushing kindergarteners to know the letters so that they can even recognize them in their name. ( I still have students that don't know them.) As you can see, I am a very hard working teacher.

Well,  my awesome district sent me to this training in February and just this past Friday. It was called Closing the Gap in Writing. The first day was so much information that I couldn't get my mind around it. We spent the day discussing informational writing. So it made me think about my 2nd graders and how they are not where I want them to be. So, I went back and worked my hardest on an opinion paper with my 2nd graders for their Winter assessment. (I know, not informational writing that I just went to a training on. LOL) As I was doing this writing, I started noticing how my students struggled with writing a simple paragraph. I was just stunned that I had seemed to miss this fact. With day and era of data, data, data, I had missed an important thing about my kids. This is where I found this inspiration for my new product. I went back and worked on those paragraphs. I wrote a unit on paragraph writing. I have provided a link to my TPT store. In this unit I have put "The Claw" method for teaching paragraph writing, a Hand graphic organizer, 4 square writing, a success criteria, and other neat ideas. I really hope that you will enjoy it.
Just click on the link to purchase.


Now, I am finally on spring break and I plan to love on my 2 and 3 year olds. I am going to be mommy for a week. I am working on some other products and hope to get those completed and uploaded as well. You know a teachers job is never done. Please fill free to follow me on Facebook, twitter (melindaking69 or SassyTeacher75), the blog, pinterest, and as well as bloglovin. I am so excited to meet new followers and I hope to grow this blog so that I can have a nice giveaway.

Thanks for letting me rattle. I will be back with some more amazing tidbits. I hope to see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment