Image Map

Parent Communications

Hey guys! I am here to link up with Ashley from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and Angie from Lucky Little Learners in their monthly linky. This month is all about Parent Communication.



I try and use lots of different things in my room to communicate with my parents. In the beginning of the school year, I give my parents a postcard telling them how happy I am for having their student in my class. I use the picture from Deedee Wills created for my postcards. 


This year my family loved it. 

The next thing I like to do is get as many emails from my parents as I can. I use it in class dojo  and regular communication with parents. This is my fastest and best way to communicate. I am will answer so much better. With phone calls, I just forget because once I am home I am home and leave school until my kids go to bed. Also, my husband asked me to leave my cell number out of parents hands because he knows I would never get out of teacher mode. 


The last thing I do is have a newsletter. Since I have been in a cluster, every 2 months, its my month to do a newsletter. I created a new template for my cluster. I change up the look of it so that parents will hopefully read it. 

I am hoping that next year I will use Remind 101. I think this will be helpful. I will have to keep you updated on that. Parent communication is so important. I am very glad to have read some amazing blogs and have gotten some great ideas for next year. This has been great!




No comments:

Post a Comment