Image Map

Hello Thursday!!!! You have been SO GOOD!

I know! I know! Melinda you are too perky this afternoon. Well, I have a reason to celebrate. In my last post I was telling you all about how my students are in a push for the research standards. Today was the day I taught them Power Point. THEY DID AMAZING!!!! Sorry to shout but I just feel like doing cartwheels and jumping up and down. Usually when we do our computer lab time (extra for Lexia, I will explain that in a minute) it is such a struggle to get them to just stay focused. Today in lab I showed them how to go through "the back door" of our next work so that the kids could use power point.

The shot above is what the kids see every time they try and log on. Today I should how to get around that and get to the power point program. They were so excited. Secretly, I was too! When we finished they got to work on Lexia. 

Lexia? What is that? We do Core 5 Reading Lexia at my school. The students are required to do 80 minutes a week. The research says that kids that master Lexia will be strong readers in the future. With my school being a Title 1 school, this program is important. The pictures below are some screen shots of some of the "games" they play in Lexia. I really like it. My 3 year old even does it and loves it. 










Okay I have rattled enough! This teacher is going to clean her desk and go home for the day!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment