Image Map

Tell All Tuesday: Top Ten

I am back to day to link up with Diana from My Day in K and Jayme from Teach, Talk, Inspire for another Tell all Tuesday.



This week is our Top Ten List of what we have learned from teaching. Here is mine.



10. Ten months will fly by when you are teaching. How true is this? I still can't believe that I am half way through summer break. When May came, I was telling everyone, I have so much more to teach. It can't be time for summer break. It just moves quicker and quicker.

9. You can never have too many file folders and binders. I am the worst for wanting more of these. I am always looking at trying to organize better so it takes me to Walmart to buy binders and folders. I especially love the the clear view binders that are different colors and the fun file folders. I think I have a problem. LOL!

8. We can never shop incognito. My husband makes fun of me all the time because I am always running into former parents and students. He said, "Its a good thing you like your job." I have to shop at midnight if I don't want to be seen. LOL

7. School Supplies is an addiction. I have had an addiction since the first time I took a Campbell soup can and turned it into my first pen holder. Yep, that was all it took. Now I love to find new pens and markers. Who else is with me about being an addict?

6. Planning is always happening. I cannot go anywhere without thinking about and planning. I am really looking forward to making my plans come to life with my students. In May, I start thinking about the next year. In August, I'm planning Christmas. Does anyone else brain planning like crazy?

5. Nothing has to be perfect. I use to try and make everything look and feel perfect. This is life. Life is not perfect and our rooms should be filled with mistakes so we can learn. Failure is an option.

4. Summer is different than the public think. I have really learned over the 15 years of teaching that the public really do need to be educated about a teacher's summer. We may have it "off" but we are always working.

3. Team work is a blessing. This is so true with all the bloggy friends that I have "met". All of you make me a better person and teacher. It those who will talk me through a plan and help me make things better. Team work in your building is also great. If you have a great team, tell them and treasure them.

2. Just relax! Breathe! Sometimes it doesn't always go the way we plan and that is okay. Just let go and let God!

1. This is my passion. I have found my passion back for this career. I am in love with teaching and learning. I can't get enough of it. This is a wonderful life.


If you think this is fun! Then join us. Grab the graphic at the bottom and link up! What is your top 10?

Here's how to join:
1. Grab the picture and banner and use it to link back to this post on your blog.
2. Save the chalkboard image and write your Top Ten. 
3. Write a post about the topic of the week and upload your Top Ten.
4. Add your link below.
5. Advertise your post using any social media of your choice. 




inklinkz code:

2 comments:

  1. I agree that teaching is my passion! I could not imagine doing anything else with my life. You've got to loving teaching to do it well.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love #7... every teacher loves good school supplies. I'm sure most of us have begun shopping for them already!

    ReplyDelete