Image Map

Wonderful Wednesday

Hey everyone! I'm back! Its time for my Wednesday Writing Tip. Tonight will be more about a lesson that I did with my 2nd grade writing room than a tip. I hope you will enjoy it. 


As I mentioned in Monday's post, I would tell you about my fun activity with the story the Jolly Postman. Have you read this cute book? 



This is a cute, lovable story about a postman that meets different fairy tale characters. They each receive different type of mail from the postman. Here are a few pictures from the story.



The witch receives an ad for items that witches need. The big bad wolf gets a letter from a lawyer telling him to leave the house of grandma. Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk writes a postcard to the giant telling how much fun he was having with the goose that laid the golden egg. LOL! This book is great to help kids have fun with writing. 

I thought about the fun of the story and rewrote it for my students. They have been super excited! The first 2 days require you to read the book Hey Little Ant! 

and Frog and Toad (I read the story Spring.)


With Hey Little Ant, we wrote letters to either the Boy explaining why he shouldn't step on the ant or to the Ant to explain why stepping on him will not matter. There is one other page in the book that will require a letter but the rest of what you want them to write would be up to you. 

I am adding it as a freebie for you! I hope that you will enjoy it so much! (HINT: Make a big book version and have the kiddos decorate each page. Then make a copy of their work so that you have their work forever with you!) 

Click HERE for your Freebie!

This has been an amazing writing week! I hop that yours will be just as great! Download the freebie and tell me how your kiddos like it!





2 comments:

  1. I love using the Jolly Postman book to conclude our fairy tale unit. The kids have a blast reading the letters!

    I love your blog so I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    Neat Sweet & Hard to Beat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! That is so sweet!

      This book is just too much fun! My kids have loved everyday of their version!

      Delete